Farm Summer Camp Daily Schedule
6-8 year olds June 12-17
9-11 year olds June 19-23
6-8 year olds July 10-14
9-11 year olds July 18-21
We spend 2 days discussing animals.
- See our pigs, goats, sheep, cows, chickens, rabbit, and turkeys
- Learn how we groom, feed, water, and care for each animal.
- Learn lessons about each animal throughout the week. Make Butter and Gather Eggs.
- Learn how to plant, grow, and harvest vegetables.
- Learn about seeds.
- Spend time in our vegetable garden.
- Take home.a bag of fresh vegetables.
- Learn about wool, cotton, and other natural fibers.
- Learn about natural dyes.
- Tie dye a T-shirt to take home.
- Learn all about bees, butterflies, and other bugs seen on the farm and why we can not live without them.
- Learn about how honey is made and observe Legare Farms bee hives (from a distance).
- Taste real honey.
Other topics covered during the week
- Learn a brief lesson on the history of agriculture in S.C. and what other types of farming are done in our state.
- Take a horse rides and a hayride out to feed the cows.
We will do 2 crafts and 2 snacks per day, we try as much as possible to follow the theme of the day with both crafts and snacks.